Saturday, July 7, 2012

Breathe

Post written by Raymund Tamayo

Raymund's brother, Roy

Most of us tend to take this gift for granted. I recently learned the habit of “conscious breathing”. I found out that it can transform our lives. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I just stop a moment, take a few deep breaths and get going again.

I always make a conscious effort to breathe:
                  
· When I am worried about something, or caught up in the middle of something I can’t do anything about.
· When I am discouraged and somewhat lost focus on my purpose in life.
· When I have too many scattered tasks to do at work.
· When I am moving too fast and acting like I’m Superman.

Breathing takes me back to the present, rather than worrying about the future or regretting the past. Breathing reminds me to slow down and enjoy life more. Breathing lets me focus on what’s really important… on what really counts.

Breathe. I encourage you to also take this habit. Enjoy each moment of this life. Because the next thing you’ll know the journey is ending… and you haven’t enjoyed the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...