Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Letter to Ryah

Post written by Denielle Tamayo


“Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children.”—Lamentations 2:19

Dearest Ryah Denise,

God never ceases to amaze us thru the blessing of you. Even before you were conceived, we already have your name written in our hearts. Ryah, from Daddy’s name, Raymund, and a Hebrew word meaning love and shouts of joy; and Denise from Mommy’s name, Denielle, meaning God is my judge.
You are God’s precious gift to us. We could in no way describe the great joy we have since you made us a family. From the beginning, we have dedicated our lives to raise you in partnership with God. For who would know what’s best for you than Him? The moment we knew we were having you, we started praying for every area of your life on a daily basis. We could never be perfect parents but we know that being praying parents would make you the utmost person God designed you to be. Praying for you have given us maximum peace that even though we are flawed individuals, with imperfect backgrounds, you would develop into a God-fearing woman who holds and applies His Words with esteem and caution. It is our desire that this be a sustained legacy when you grow up and have a family of your own. It starts with a yearning to be a praying parent. I’d like to share the prayer that started it all. I know you would find this beneficial in the future:

Lord, I submit myself to You. I realize that parenting a child in the way You would have me is beyond my human abilities. I know I need You to help me. I want to partner with You and partake of Your gifts of wisdom, discernment, revelation, and guidance. I also need Your strength and patience, along with a generous portion of Your love flowing through me. Teach mo how to love the way You love. Where I need to be healed, delivered, changed, matured, or made whole, I invite You to do that in me. Help me to walk in righteousness and integrity before You. Teach me Your ways, enable me to obey Your commandments and do only what is pleasing in Your sight. May the beauty of Your Spirit be so evident in me that I will be a godly role model. Give me the communication, teaching, and nurturing skills that I must have. Make me the parent You want me to be and teach me how to pray and truly intercede for the life of this child. Lord, You said in Your Word, “Whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive” (Matthew 21:22). In Jesus’ name I ask that You will increase my faith to believe for all the things You’ve put on my heart to pray for concerning this child.

The Power of a PRAYING PARENT, pages 29-30

We love you so much, Anak. And that love doesn’t just come from Daddy and Mommy’s hearts alone. It is God’s love for you set to flourish in ours. Take care. Learn obedience. (For obedience is always equal to blessings).

Sincerely,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...